Monday, March 8, 2010

Second Semester Graduate Student

   So, I should be going to bed right now, but I decided I wanted to make another blog post instead. At first these blog posts might seem a bit random, but eventually they will seem to have more of a pattern. Just hang in there.

   I wanted to tell you a little about my educational situation at the moment.  In addition to my writing endeavors, I am a second semester graduate student at Meredith College in Raleigh, North Carolina. I am studying special education. I am not currently a teacher, though I have thought about teaching for many years. At least since I was in high school and probably earlier. I used to play school with my friends, my cousin Chris, and my brother when I was a kid. Sometimes I was the teacher, and sometimes I was the student.

   Graduate school is nothing like I thought it would be. The last couple of weeks during fall semester I spent entire days working on papers and presentations. I would get up in the morning around 8 and work on homework until I went to bed around 10 or so at night. Good thing I don't currently have a job.

   This week is the last week before spring break, so I have a busy week. There are multiple projects due. I have a lesson plan that I will be teaching tomorrow night in class on weather. It is still not done. Part of being a graduate student is learning to work on tight deadlines.

   I'll let you know how my semester is going in future posts. Thank you for those who commented on my first blog post and are now following my blog. I plan to make a few more updates to my blog throughout the week. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment