Friday, March 12, 2010

Update

    Well, it has been a busy week. I am now on spring break from school. Wednesday night I went to a writing workshop called writing the photograph with Alice Osborn at a photography studio in Wake Forest, North Carolina that featured work from Bruce Johnson and others. Alice Osborn's website is http://aliceosborn.com/.   I was able to write a few new poems from the session. Above is a photo from the session. I've also written about five more pages in my book.

    I am currently researching documents from my childhood, education resources, and other memoirs written about dyslexia and reading learning disabilities. If anyone has any recommendations about memoirs that have been written about growing up with a reading disability, please let me know. I recently picked up one book called "Reversals" by Eileen Simpson, which I plan to read over break.

    I'll be making updates to my blog over the next few days. I just wanted to stop in and let everyone know what is doing on. I have time this weekend set aside for some writing. I am hoping to have a rough draft done by sometime this month or possibly in April. We'll see how the writing goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment