Saturday, May 15, 2010

Our Disney World Vacation

  


  After a stressful semester, I was really looking forward to taking a vacation. I think both Joe and I were equally looking forward to getting away for a week, since we haven't taken a week's long vacation since our honeymoon.

   Joe and I spent five days at Disney World and visited the four Disney parks, Downtown Disney, and the Disney Boardwalk. It took about 10 hours to drive there on Friday, so we were happy to be in our hotel room Friday night to relax. Saturday morning we got to Epcot for about 9:30 am and stayed most of the day. It was over 90 degrees, so we decided to leave for a little bit to shower and change our clothes. We returned to Epcot to have dinner and watch the firework show called illuminations.

   I wanted to eat at the French restaurant at the world showcase (which includes 11 countries) Saturday night, but we had not made reservations. The steak house in Canada was also booked, so we ended up eating in Morocco instead. Afterwards, we walked around the showcase a little more. We took in a show at the American Experience showcase, which was about the history of America, and then waited in line for the boat ride at Norway. Afterwards, we saw the fireworks, which went unbelievable. I wish we had gone back to see them a second night. We didn't get to see the entire showcase on Saturday night, so we ended up going back to Epcot for a second day on Wednesday and we walked the showcase again and was able to eat lunch at the French restaurant.

   Sunday we went to Animal Kingdom (Disney World's newest park). I had never been to Animal Kingdom before. The last time I went to Disney World, I don't think it was open yet. The park was more like a zoo then a theme park, but it did have a couple of rides and some good shows. We loved the roller coaster Everest and the Finding Nemo Musical.

   On Monday we went to Magic Kingdom and we were basically there from opening until when the park closed after the fireworks. We only left briefly to take the monorail to a couple of the Disney resorts we wanted to check out. My favorite attraction at Magic Kingdom was a show called philharmagic, which was a 3D musical show that featured Disney music from Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Lion King, and Aladdin. Donald Duck and Mickey are also featured in the show. We ended up seeing it twice.  Splash Mountain is also a lot of fun and a classic ride. Great for hot days in the park.

   On Tuesday we went to Hollywood Studios. I haven’t been there since I was a kid. My favorite attraction was the Beauty and the Beast Show. I love the music from that movie and it is a great story. I can't wait for Beauty and the Beast to come out on Blu Ray in the fall. I am really looking forward to seeing it again.

   Joe and I also went to breakfast with the characters, where we met Donald Duck, Minnie, and Goofy. It was a buffet breakfast and it even had waffles shaped like Mickey Mouse's head.



   Epcot was also having their international flower and garden festival, which was an added bonus.  I had heard of this show many times before, but I thought it would be over by the time Joe and I went.  I highly recommend going to Epcot in the spring, so you can see the flower festival as well and yes, I do think everyone should visit Disney World at least once in their lives.  Epcot was my favorite park, but I also like Magic Kingdom a lot. 



   So that is a little bit about what we did when we were away. We had a blast. It was definitely one of the best vacations I have taken. Hopefully we will get to go again soon. We would also like to visit Disneyland when we travel to California (hopefully in the next two years). 

Walt Disney World

No comments:

Post a Comment