Monday, July 5, 2010

Updated Book Outline

Below is a more detailed and updated outline of my book.  I had more time to work on it and think about it this week.  I added a few new chapters.  I also added terms to know at the end.  Summer help for your child is a section I am considering adding.  I am not sure yet. 

Struggling with Words:  A Personal Account of Growing Up with Dyslexia and How You Can Help Your Child or Student with Dyslexia Become a Successful Reader

Introduction:  Why am I Writing this Book?

Part I: What is Dyslexia

-What is Dyslexia? 

-Myths about Dyslexia

-Research into Dyslexia and the Brain

Part II: My Story

-Elementary School

-Oral Reading (reading aloud)

-Struggling with Spelling

-Other Struggles and Stressors

-Junior High School (Middle School)

-Transitioning to High School

-Social Skills

-Algebra

-Document Processing Class

-Depression

-A Pop Spelling Test

-Life after High School

Part III: Strategies for Helping Students with Dyslexia (and other struggling readers)

-Early Signs of Dyslexia

-Oral Reading and Fluency Strategies

-Problems with Reversals

-Help with Spelling

-Information about Special Education

-Summer Help for Your Child (?)

Part IV: Additional Resources
 
Epilogue:  10 Years after High School
 
Terms to Know

No comments:

Post a Comment