Tuesday, May 17, 2011

First Teaching Job

   It has been a long time since I have updated this blog.  I was actually wondering if I would remember how to log in when I pulled up the site.  I noticed I never even posted that I have my first teaching job.  I am working as a kindergarten to second grade resource teacher in the special education department.  I teach reading, writing, and math.  I have six groups a day that I teach. 

   I started this job right after the holiday break in January.  I wasn't sure what to expect, since I have very little experience working with students younger than third grade.  I have never worked with a student that could not write a sentence.  This job was the first time I had really thought about how to teach a child to write a sentence.  It was a challenging experience.  Good thing I had a lot of supporting teachers where I work. 

   Spring break did not come until the week before Easter.  My mom came to visit us and we went to Charleston for a few days.  I wrote a blog post about my last Charleston trip that I took with my husband a few years back, and I have to say that it went much better this time around with my mom. 

   That's it for now.  Check back soon for more updates. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy! I hope all is well with you and Joe. Sorry it has been awhile. I forgot to update my blog (last post was in December) and will try to do it on a weekly or monthly basis. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete