Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wicked and other happenings...

    This Saturday (April 24) Joe and I went to see Wicked at the Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC). This was the second time we had seen the musical. We originally had seen it when it was on tour in Boston in 2007 (I believe). The performance was awesome. I also love the sound track. Joe bought me the sound track a few years ago for my birthday, and I practically know it by heart now.

    In class Monday night, I participated in a special education panel for my classmates in the general education program. There were six of us. We talked about different issues related to working with students with disabilities. I got to say my part about looking for students abilities and not just at students’ disabilities. I find students in special education or student/individuals with disabilities are defined by what they cannot do, but not what they can do. I was happy to spread that message to my classmates along with other information about working with students with disabilities.

    Last night we had the spring graduate education conference at Meredith College, which I found very interesting. There was a poster session followed by four different sessions of research projects that were presented. For each session, you could choose the research presentation that interested you and sit in on that graduate student's research project for a half an hour. I went to a session on gifted students, RTI (response to intervention), year round schools versus traditional year schools and the effects on reading scores in first grade, and a session on classroom blogs and peer-editing.


    Since National Poetry Month is almost over and I have not had much time to take part in it, I decided to share this word art below. Have you done anything to help celebrate National Poetry Month?



Children's Poetry Books

No comments:

Post a Comment