Saturday, July 31, 2010

What Else Could Go Wrong?

  I went out with a friend last night for dinner and to do some writing afterwards. I was exhausted from the past few weeks and also because I had been up since about 4:30 in the morning. I was telling her about everything that had happened over the past few weeks, and I joked and said this should be my next blog post.

  It all started in early June. One morning I noticed it was starting to get hot in the house. I went to the central AC thermometer and it said it was 81 degrees. Another hour later it was 82 degrees, even though I had the central AC running all day. That is when I knew the air conditioning wasn't working.


  A couple of weeks later our toilet in our master bedroom started acting up after we would flush it. It would run continually, unless we stopped it. One morning we woke up to our bathroom floor flooded with toilet water. The water had even gotten into our bedroom. This meant it was time to call the plumber. I am happy to report the toilet now runs like new.

  About five weeks ago or so, we started to have an ant problem at our house. They were these tiny black ants that could have gotten in from anywhere. They were in the entrance hallway to our townhouse and in our kitchen. I could tell they were looking for food, since they loved to get into our cats’ food dish. They stopped for about a week, but then they came back. I dropped Joe off at work earlier this week and came home to the trash can in the kitchen covered in ants. I freaked out. We ended up having our house treated for ants. I think they are officially gone now.

  This past week both of our cars were in the garage. A few weeks ago we took our Mustang in, because one of the tires was low on air and the garage informed us that the tire could not be fixed, and we would have to replace the tire. I didn't want to replace the tire, and they didn't have our tire in stock. We put it off for a few weeks and tried using "fix a flat." Well, when we were checking the air pressure in our tire, we noticed that the tire was starting to split and would need to be replaced. We ended up putting on a new set of tires on Thursday.

  Our other car has been having some brake problems. The brakes were noisy and it was taking a little bit for the car to stop after pressing on the brakes. I was annoyed when I first noticed it, since the brakes were replaced less than two years ago. I took the car back to the garage that we replaced the brakes at. The brakes didn't need to be replaced, but the pads were loose. The brakes work much better now.

  Then late Friday afternoon—after we had picked up the car from the garage—I got an email from our bank saying there had be suspicious activity on my bank card. I called and had the card blocked. It was the end to a long and stressful week. I hate to think what else could go wrong.


  I have also been extremely busy with field experience, graduate school, and taking the Praxis II teaching exams last Saturday. By the time I went to bed last night, I was so tired I could barely move. I slept about nine hours last night. Let's hope it is all uphill from here.

1 comment:

  1. That sucks with your bank card. I knew someone who had that issue and she had many purchases (expensive ones) from another person.

    Glad you were able to get a few more hours of sleep last night. :)

    ReplyDelete