Sunday, August 29, 2010

US Travel and Places I Want to See

   I received a phone call from my brother this morning who is driving from New Hampshire to Texas. He is seeing some areas of the country, which I have not seen yet, but would like to visit. I love hearing about new areas people visit.


 
   One of my life's goals is to visit every state (at least in the continental US). I have visited every state on the Atlantic Ocean other than Delaware (unless you count when I drove through Delaware on my way down to North Carolina a couple years back).

 
   When I moved to North Carolina, I figured I would start by seeing every state on the eastern seaboard first. Joe and I started with South Carolina and Georgia. Both of which neither of us had visited before. When I was visiting my parents in New Hampshire a few weeks ago, we went to Rhode Island. Even though I grew up in New Hampshire, I had never actually visited Rhode Island.

 
   A road trip would be one of the best ways to see some of the states I have not visited, especially those in areas I might normally fly over. Someday I would like to drive across the country. Interstate 40 starts in Wilmington, NC and ends in Barstow, California. There is a sign at the beginning of interstate 40 that states the number of miles until the highway ends. That is one possible route.

 
   I would love to visit Nashville, and I have never been to Tennessee before. It would be an easy road trip from North Carolina. I have seen signs for Nashville the couple of times I have visited Asheville in the mountain region of North Carolina and wanted to continue driving. Nashville is also a stop on interstate 40 and would be an easy stop while driving through to California.

 
   Of course there are many other beautiful areas and things to see around the country. Here are a couple of cities I would like to visit:

 
  • Memphis, Tennessee 
  • Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
  • San Antonio, Texas
  • St. Louis. Missouri
  • Los Angeles, California
  • Chicago, Illinois

 
   These are couple of my favorite destinations that I have visited in the U.S.:

 
  • Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Charleston, South Carolina
  • Savannah, Georgia
  • New York City, New York
  • Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 
  • San Francisco, California
  • Orlando, Florida
  • Newport, Rhode Island
  • Stowe, Vermont

 

2 comments:

  1. If you want to see USA best places so try visiting Luray, VA which is one of the tourist favorite destinations in t he word. You’ll find plenty of outstanding and incredible places over there especially in Shenandoah Valley like Luray Caverns, Artisans Grill and Shenandoah National Park etc.
    Visitors go hiking, biking, boating and fishing in Shenandoah River. I’d definitely recommend you to take a trip towards this place you’ll never forget this tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion. I will have to look into Luray. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete