Monday, September 27, 2010

A Travel Journal

   About two and a half years ago a friend of mine bought me a black travel journal with an Eiffel Tower on it (very fitting for me). I meant to write in it, but of course I haven’t. It is sitting in my bookcase. At first, I wanted to talk about my travels moving to North Carolina and the travels while living to North Carolina, but I felt like I didn’t have much to say even though I have traveled since I have been here. I think I may have missed the whole point to that journal. It was not just about travels that I take, but also the adventures of life.


   Moving to North Carolina was a new adventure for my life. A completely new experience, which I thought I would never have. I never thought I would live in North Carolina. I have learned so much since I have been here. I have learned about culture, about local history, and met people from all over the country and other countries as well. I have had the experience of getting a top notch education through working on my master’s degree in education. I have learned how the schools here are similar and different in many ways from New Hampshire. I would not give up these experiences for anything. I have grown as a person and feel more independent than ever.

   It was a lot of work to relocate, but I would do it again. I love living here, but in some ways I wouldn’t mind moving to another area and experiencing and learning more. I am looking forward to completing my master’s degree and having more time to experience life, travel, and learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment